Argentine midfielder Lucas Biglia has said that he is looking forward to a better season with AC Milan following an average debut campaign with the Rossoneri. The 32-year-old struggled to make a notable impact during the course of the 2017/18 season but he is keen to amends by helping the side to a Champions League finish this term. Speaking to the club’s official website, he said: “During the holidays I had the chance to recover, the pain has gone. I’m not at 100 per cent but I’m in good shape to start training. I’m happy with how they [rest of the team] are working and I hope to be back in the fold as soon as possible and play a great season which is what we want. My goal is pretty clear, is to make it into the Champions League, that’s the first objective. Milan always need to aim higher, like winning the league. It’s not easy as the other contenders are even stronger, but we will give it our all.”
Former Argentina international player FabricioColoccini said that he is disappointed with the way the team played at the World Cup and he believes that changes to be made at the top of the federation if they want to win a World Cup again. He said that for so long the team has been relying on Lionel Messi and that they will need to make changes if they want to perform at the World Cup in Qatar. FabricioColoccini said that the Argentina team suffered a humiliation at the hands of Croatia and that they needed the last game of the group to qualify for the knock-out stage. He said that the team struggles to play as a team and that they had to rely on Lionel Messi in order to create the danger in the opposition half.
A year after leaving Newcastle, FabricioColoccini was told to find a new club and he became available again that summer. It was just a year ago that a mentally and physically exhausted FabricioColoccini told Rafa Benitez of his intentions to leave the club as Newcastle agreed to part ways amicably, leaving England to return to the club of his childhood, San Lorenzo. It was, as he explained to the media during his press conference, the realisation of dream when he returned to San Lorenzo and signed a three-year contract to end his career playing in front of the terraces he had stood on as a boy. The Argentine outfit are regarded to as more than a club by those who follow them. Formed in 1908 by a local priest, Lorenzo Massa, as a refuge for local boys after he witnessed a boy nearly hit by a tram. When Argentina’s military government forced the club to sell their ground to a local supermarket, the fans campaigned and fund-raised to secure a new home. Coloccini, and his father Osvaldo, both gave money and time to the cause.
Finally Newcastle United have signed another player this summer. The player Florian Lejeune completed his move from La Liga side Eibar to Tyneside for £8.7 million to become the second signing of Coach Rafa Benitez ahead of their return to the English top flight. The Magpies offered the player a five year deal to make him comfortable at St James Park. The 26-year old defender made many clearances in Spain and had been named the best defender in the Segunda Division a year earlier. The Frenchman used to play for Girona before his move the Spanish top flight where he is revered for stopping the opponents and clearing the ball to safety. Arsenal reportedly scouted him as they sought for a defensive option. Newcastle United can rarely strike a bargain in the player if he can replicate his Spanish success in England particularly in a time where the club needs it the most. More top strikers are joining the league and are getting more creative with the ball so Lejeune had his work pretty cut out.
La Castilla graduate Nacho Fernandez on Sunday night, opened scoring with a funky free kick that helped kick start Madrid’s route to a 4-1 win over Sevilla, thereby keeping the hopes of clinching a first La Liga title in 5 years. Given Barca’s relatively easier fixtures remaining in the run to the end of the season, Real Madrid are under immense pressure not to screw this up even as they prepare to face Juventus in Cardiff for theChampions League final, as they look set to become the first team in history to successfully defend the title. This is the stage where they need to pull all tricks in the bag to ensure that they do not run out of winning steam just few matches to glory and history making. As usual, Nacho and a couple of fringe payers are going to be getting enough opportunities to stand in for regular first choices. It is where they get to shine and show if they are able to displace the team’s first choice.And so like a good soldier he obeys and sacrifices bits of his personal contentment for the good of the team and club.
Newcastle United manager Rafa Benitez is still receiving praise for his efforts in turning around a team that fell apart last season. Managing the Magpies dressing room is one of the biggest achievements of the Spanish coach. Picking lessons from the failure of Claudio Ranieri in managing the dressing room after Leicester City’s huge success last term, it was obvious that it was a love story gone sour. There was likely a player revolt and dressing issues as per contributions to the team’s achievements despite odds of 5000 to 1. Same thing happened to United after former manager Alan Pardew led the team to a top five finish. Many players wantedrecognition and this was evident as they asked for contract improvements and more bonuses and all that. Papiss Cisse did not hide his disappointment when it did not happen. Fabricio Coloccini was obviously disenchanted and Pardew could not manage the crisis that was brewing. After such heights and with a ‘Manager of the Year’ award, he would not have found it difficult to get another decent offer but he stuck with the job. The result was obvious: eroded team spirit.
Newcastle United cancelled the contract of Argentinian Fabricio Coloccini earlier this year by mutual consent, to enable the defender to rejoin his former club, San Lorenzo. The 34-year old defender spent eight full years at St. James’ Park and was appointed club captain for the 2011/2012 season, but he has now opted to finally leave the Magpies following their relegation into the Sky Bet Championship. San Lorenzo boss, Diego Aguirre announced immediately that FabricioColoccini’s career at Newcastle United is over. The player joined Newcastle United from Spanish side Deportivo La Coruna in 2008 and he went on to make 248 Premier League appearances for the club. The former Argentina international has signed for the Argentine Primera Division club after a three – year pursuit from the club that once loaned him in the 2000/2001 season. Coloccini made his intentions to quit Newcastle clear this summer when he spoke of Newcastle having a “new project” and admitted he was pining to be back with his family in South America.
Former Newcastle defender FabricioColoccini has written a letter to the Newcastle fans where he has thanked them for their welcome at the club. He said that the fans have shown him love and warmth when he was far from his family and that he will never be able to thank them for what they have done. FabricioColoccini has left Newcastle after 8 years spent at the club and said that it was a hard decision to make. The player who still has some years on his contract has ended his deal with the club with mutual consent in order to play with his hometown club, San Lorenzo. He said that the primary reason why he left the club was that he wanted to be close to his children. He stated that his children have left him and return to Argentina while they were still kid and that they need their father at this time. He said that he is also exhausted with the pressure of top-level football and he does not think he can sustain it any longer. He said that he had tried so hard to win a trophy with Newcastle United, but unfortunately, they could not achieve it.
Spanish player Ayoze Perez says he would not leave Newcastle United despite links to Tottenham Hotspur and Manchester United until promotion is sure. Perez wants to remain at Saint James Park because he has a moral obligation to repay the fans after their relegation from the top flight at the end of the last campaign. “The fans have always been very close and have always thanked me for staying – despite the interest that there has been from big clubs to sign me. I have a debt with the fans, I want to return to the Premier League with Newcastle. We must be professional,” the Spaniard said.
Fabricio Coloccini states how Newcastle would have fared better if Rafa had been brought in earlier. Newcastle United is headed by Fabricio Coloccini and he has much to lament about as the last season did not go well for the team. With Rafa Benitez being brought in now, he is hopeful that there would be positive changes seen. Fabricio believes that the Magpies would be done better if the Spaniard had come on their team a few months before. Benitez joined the team when there were only ten games remaining of the present season. The Magpies have already languished in terms of their scores and performance by then. Steve McClaren had been part of the 28 matches of the previous season for this team.