Fabricio Coloccini Thinks For Newcastle

Fabricio Coloccini states how Newcastle would have fared better if Rafa had been brought in earlier.


Newcastle United is headed by Fabricio Coloccini and he has much to lament about as the last season did not go well for the team. With Rafa Benitez being brought in now, he is hopeful that there would be positive changes seen. Fabricio believes that the Magpies would be done better if the Spaniard had come on their team a few months before. Benitez joined the team when there were only ten games remaining of the present season. The Magpies have already languished in terms of their scores and performance by then. Steve McClaren had been part of the 28 matches of the previous season for this team. Read more »

FABRICIO COLOCCINI WISHES NEWCASTLE BROUGHT IN BENITEZ MUCH EARLIER

Captain Fabricio Coloccini says he wished that The Magpies employed the services of the former Liverpool tactician much earlier.


He admits that the coach ran out of time to help salvage the club from relegation form top flight football. Benitez was only brought in with 10 games of the season remaining and with the Magpies already languishing in the Premier League’s bottom three after predecessor Steve McClaren was given the first 28 matches of the campaign.

It took a few weeks for the ex-Liverpool boss’ alterations to pay dividends but, despite United’s relegation having been confirmed on Wednesday night after Sunderland defeated Everton, Newcastle are unbeaten in their last five outings. Newcastle captain Coloccini insists Benitez has changed things at the club in “the right way” – but has simply run out of time.

When asked about the impact Benitez has made in just two short months, the 34-year-old Argentine replied saying:

“We changed a lot of things. We changed the right way.

“Maybe it was too late, and that’s why we are in this position.”

The goalless draw at already-relegated Aston Villa last weekend stretched Newcastle’s winless run on the road to 11 league games, and all-but condemned United. Coloccini, who has not made an appearance since mid-February due to injury, is at a loss to explain why United are so bad away from home. He said:

“It’s not one thing – it’s a lot of things.

“Maybe I’m not the right person to speak about that.

“I know I’m the captain, but I think it’s more [for] the club to speak about those things. Read more »

NEWCASTLE UNITED NOT GIVING UP YET

English Premiership side, Newcastle United say they have not given up yet this season. The team is clearly in the relegation zone after just 25 points in 31 games this season. The Magpies are in 19th position currently, nine points above Aston Villa which are in last position.

The team believes home games will decide their fate at season end, as they have four home games of seven matches left. Newcastle will play Southampton on the 9th April in an away match, Swansea at home next week, then EPL giant, Manchester City. Liverpool, Crystal Palace, 20th placed Aston Villa and second-placed and in-form Tottenham on the last round of games this season.

If the squad falls to Southampton this week and Norwich defeat crystal palace in an away match, thus, increasing the gap, then relegation would be imminent for The Magpies. Currently, Crystal Palace are in 16th position with 34 points with a game in hand, Norwich in 17th with 31 points from 32 games. Sunderland is 18th with 27 points leaving Newcastle in 19th with just 25 points and a game in hand.

Newcastle are trying to keep their hopes alive by fighting this relegation threat but it seems the season is pretty much decided, with just this week’s round of matches being key deciders. Read more »

Deschamps gets a contract extension until 2018 and his work has been laid upon him

Back in February of the current year, Didier Deschamps was given a contract extension as the manager of the French national side saw his contract extend for 2 further years. Deschamps is now the man designated to lead the French squad past the upcoming 2016 Euro’s as his managerial stay will continue until 2018.

Deschamps was awarded with this contract extension after what was an impressive 2014 FIFA World Cup campaign where he managed to guide the French side to the quarter-finals and only conceded 3 goals from the group stages until the quarter-finals.

The French team has a few promising figures which includes the likes of: Paul Pogba, AlexandreLacazette and Raphael Varane, these young players are expected to make an impact with the national side in the next few years and France needs this to happen as they have a tough schedule.

The 2018 FIFA World Cup qualifying draw has already been done and France was pitted in Group A where they will be playing against: Netherlands, Sweden, Bulgaria, Belarus and Luxembourg. In this group, Netherlands and France are the favorites of making it through but the French team has been suffering some troubles in recent times.

France sustained loses against Belgium and Albania as France played against these national sides in friendly matches which were played back in June.

Even though these were just friendly matches, these defeats and performances that the French players have been displaying in recent times have affected Didier Deschamps as he took a chance to voice his thoughts and said: “With Belgium we had an opponent that was superior and played a great game. Read more »

Borussia Dortmund was located in the basement of the German League

Not too long ago, Borussia Dortmund was located in the basement of the German League and relegation appeared to be inevitable but things have slowly been picking up for the team of JurgenKlopp as they have been climbing spots in the league and are now safely away from the bottom zone.

During these dreadful months of Borussia Dortmund, certain players of the squad were not satisfied in how the team was performing and they were rumored on exiting the German club when the current season reaches it’s end.

Marco Reus and Mats Hummels are some of the standout players of Borussia Dortmund that were linked with a move outside of the club. Not too long ago, Real Madrid was interested in signing Marco Reus but the midfielder penned a contract extension that will keep him in the club at least until 2019.

Mats Hummels contract with Borussia Dortmund runs out in 2017 but the German defender is still being linked with a number of clubs that are still interested and are attempting to lure him away from the hands of JurgenKlopp.

Manchester United is one of the top European clubs that has been most linked with the German defender and Louis van Gaal will be glad to hear that Mats Hummels is actually open and likes the idea of joining a team outside of Germany which is something that he has never done before in his career. Read more »

Ayoze Perez come out with Surprise Package in Premier League

Ayoze Perez has been one of the surprise packages in the Premier League this season. The 21-year-old was expected to take a while before he established himself in the Newcastle United first-team. However, injuries have forced the club to use the youngster on a regular basis.

He has more than been impressive after having scored five goals in just 13 starts this campaign. This has led to defender Fabricio Coloccini praising the youngster by saying that he has done well to lead the line in the absence of PapissCisse. Newcastle are going through a turmoil yet again after the departure of Alan Pardew.

The club’s failure to win its last four matches in all competitions is threatening to disrupt any hopes of a top-10 finish. This appeared more than possible after Newcastle went on a run of several victories which included three points against the likes of Chelsea. Read more »

Fabricio wont Play for Newcastle United, says Alan

Although Fabricio Coloccini has started to do a little bit of training, but, the manager of Newcastle United, Alan Pardew, has hinted that he would not like to risk the Argentina international in the upcoming game versus Chelsea.

Chelsea is the strongest team in the league and thus, the game against them is going to have a lot of intensity. So, putting a player, who has just got his calf injury healed, in such a game is perhaps a bit risky. That’s what Pardew was trying to suggest while speaking to the press last evening.

In the words of Pardew, “Colo trained today which is obviously good news, but, at this point of time, I don’t have the idea if he is fit enough to be able to go into such a pressure match.”

Newcastle, however, will have Moussa Sissoko back for the Chelsea game. The playmaker had not travelled to Burney earlier this week because of being suspended.

The Chelsea fans would know Sissoko pretty well as a couple of seasons back; he had shaken the net twice versus the Blues. It was the first time that the Frenchman was featuring for the senior team of Newcastle and he had a dream debut.

When asked about the comeback of Sissoko, Pardew said, “It’s good that he is available again. He would definitely have learnt from his mistake. He is an intelligent, young man. He’s been the pick of the players for us thus far and he has always delivered versus Chelsea. I hope he does that again.”

“They (Chelsea) will definitely have a strategy for him. They would want not to let him make any impact, but, knowing Moussa, I can say he would find a way. He does not get panicked.”

Newcastle United disappointing

Newcastle United collected 2 points out of their 3 opening matches of the Premier League season in what has been a fairly underwhelming start of season. Manchester City, Aston Villa and Crystal Palace were all of the opponents that the team of Alan Pardew has faced so far in the English club.

Supporters of Newcastle United were expecting to see their club suffer a defeat against Manchester City but it came as a surprise to see the squad of Pardew being unable to come out on top against neither Aston Villa nor Crystal Palace.

There even are a series of rumors that are linking the coach of Newcastle United, Alan Pardew with the possibility of being sacked if he cannot get positive results soon. It seems like the future of the 53 years old English coach could be decided depending on the outcome of his next matches and if this is indeed true and Pardew is being taking into consideration for sacking it will be a sad ending for the 2nd longest serving manager in the Premier League as he took charge of Newcastle United back in December of 2010.

The captain of Newcastle United, Fabricio Coloccini has stepped up to the media and unveiled details concerning his clubs’ summer transfer window activities  as well as going on to talk about the condition that the English side is going through but the captain is proud and confident about all of the players that Newcastle United signed.

“I think everyone can see the way the club wants to go. They’ve brought in many players, good players, and the club has ambition as well. We spoke (Coloccini and Mike Ashley) but that is normal, sometimes they (Ashley and his players) are not at the training ground or in the changing room, so sometimes they need to know what has happened. We want to go forward and I think they got that message, they have spent a lot of money.”

It seems like Coloccini is optimistic about the near future of Newcastle United but unless they can start picking up better results soon, the manager is being heavily rumored to be sacked and supporters of the club will not be happy until triumphs are shown.

Newcastle Makes 6 New Signings

Alan Pardew has secured signing 6 new players into Newcastle United during this summer transfer window as Jack Colback, Siem de Jong, Remy Cabella, Emmanuel Riviere and Daryl Janmaat are all the new faced that will be performing in the Premier League club in the next season which kicks-off  in 1 month.

Out of all those new arrivals, the majority of them are midfielders and defenders with the only exception being the French striker Emmanuel Riviere.

The attacking division of Newcastle United is expected to be reinforced even further before the transfer window concludes. Alexandre Lacazette of Lyon is a top priority of Alan Pardew.

Newcastle United faces competition from Liverpool as they are also interested in signing the French forward from Lyon. Liverpool recently sold Luis Suarez to Barcelona and now they are searching on the transfer market for someone who can replace the Uruguayan attacker and Lacazette is in the radar of the manager of Liverpool, Brendan Rodgers.

The president of Lyon Jean-Michel Aulas wants to keep Alexandre Lacazette in the club and if his statements are indeed true, then Liverpool and Newcastle United will both have to search for another attacking player in the transfer market.

According to Jean-Michel Aulas, the club is trying to work out a contract extension that would see Lacazette remaining with Lyon for 3 more years as he said: ”We are on track to realize a three-year contract extension.”

Alan Pardew is already taking into consideration signing Loic Remy as a back-up option just in case a deal involving Alexandre Lacazette falls apart and does not manage to happen while Liverpool on the other hand have a much more flexible budget considering the cash injection of €94 million that the departure of Luis Suarez brought into the club.

Coloccini Wants To Finish Strong

Newcastle United continued their poor run of form after a 1-0 defeat at the hands of Stoke city during the weekend. This defeat meant that the club have now suffered four defeats on the bounce. Even though they are relatively free of any pressure in the remaining four matches of the season, defender Fabricio Coloccini says that the club are looking to improve the form in order to end the season on a positive note. Newcastle have survived the threat of relegation, while they are also in a position of not being able to challenge for European qualification.

Coloccini, who came close to leaving the club in the last two transfer windows, now looks set on staying at St James’s Park for the near future. He says that it is vital that the club finished the season with a strong fashion in order to start the next campaign in a positive way. Newcastle in the season before last season finished in the fifth place, but this campaign has been marred by several troubles along the way. The club have not been able to get any form of consistency going, while the disciplinary procedures involving Alan Pardew has not helped matters either.

Newcastle were recently thumped 4-0 by Manchester United at home.

“We are very disappointed because we came into this from three games where we did not play well, and then we didn’t play well again. It may have been a better scoreline but it was not a better performance than Southampton and Manchester United. They were lucky with the goal they scored but we lost again and it is not good enough. We have to improve and do that quickly before the end of the season,” said Coloccini, who has made 23 appearances and scored no goals in the league this season.